Radio Ga Ga

3:00 AM Prueba 1 Comments



Hello guys!

I was reading a great book called The Little Black Book of Style from Nina García, where all your questions about fashion are answeared.
From what to wear to a black tie to the rules of wearing animal print, it's is a complete guide and must have for every fashion junky. I liked it so much that I decided to read all her books.
Now, I'm reading The Style Strategy a book which tells you how to use your clothes to the max!

It's summer and I wanted to clean my closets, however when we think about that we are looking for things to donate or give away, not for new ways to wear our clothes.

So, I decided to clean my closet just like Nina García recommends... with music a cold beverage and a new perspective.
While doing so I started to match prints and textures and saw how many garnments I don't wear any more looked amazing together. It was then when I found a pair of souvenir t-shirts.
You know, those t-shirts you buy in a concert or at Harvard Uni but only wear saturdays at home.
I found 3 very cool ones, the first one from the MOMA in NYC with the faces of great painters, the second one from Miami and the third one from Lady Gaga's concert in Mexico city.





The thing about this tees is that non of them have a flattering shape and for that you need to make them pretty.
The Lady Gaga shirt  has a rocker vibe and for that I tought I could wear it with leather leggins, these are a must have because they give every look instant sofistication apart from being very comfy and perfect for this crazy weather.



Oversized necklaces are the best option for this t-shirts, but to complement the rocker look I decided to wear a thick chain.


A black blazer goes with everything and can make a look elegant without looking overdressed.
The tote makes more casual too and a pair of mesh peep toe platforms make a nice statement.



I've been obsessed about cuff rings and rings in general lately, for me the more the better and this from H&M are a true delight, they can be worn in tons of different ways and look all very chic.
The rose bracelet is made by me.. LOVE IT... I might post a tutorial later..


Aviator sunnies/ Ray-Ban
Silver thick chain/ Agatha
Lady Gaga t-shirt/ The Monster Ball Tour 2011
Blazer/ Bebe
Leather leggins/ H&M
Tote/ H&M
Rings/ H&M

Try to apply this system, clean your closet with an open mind and find the way to re-use your clothing.
Read Nina's books, you won't regret it!
For more fashion literature check my selection in the Fashion Library section.

Thanks for stopping by folks!
I'm working on an amazing project right now and hopefully will be able to share it with you guys soon.
Have a nice and fashionable week !!!
Xoxo, Roberta W.P.F

1 comment: