Preview Elle Mexico Diseña 2014

4:30 PM Prueba 0 Comments

After working as an intern at the PR Department of Elle at the last edition of the show, I've grown a certain love for it.


Great mexican designers have used it as a trampoline to start their up rising careers, as others have found the strenght to keep going and show the world what they can do. It's important to say that this is one of the few platforms that shows this sort of talent not only to the mexican population, but to latin americans, and with the help of their international judges, gives them international projection!
I'm glad to see that over the years the effort effort behind the scenes to make this competition something even better is reflected in the quality and number of its competitors .I find it amazing how it has grown, and as Sara Galindo has taken so far by teaching the world what mexico has to offer.This season 2 new judges join the jury. Side by side with Sara and Rolando Santana comes Luisa Saenz, model and ASVOFF's  representative, as president the one and only Jean Paul Gaultier whom I had the pleasure of meeting when he recently came to the country .The theme: The Digital Revolution, very interesting, current and controversial topic that could be pictured in womens or menswear and of which I have been constantly writing on the EMD2014 blog! Have you read?The contestants work surprised me this time. I saw a lot of talent and improvement in techniques of people who had been in the program.
My favorite is the definitely Raul Orozco, who presented a reversible suit with 5 different combinations, although I must say that I was surprised by Isaac Pineda's digital print dress and impressive three-dimensional vest. If anyone has a good chance of winning this year, I bet is one of them. I'm crossing my fingers so that this time one of my favorites win!
Because Ivan Avalos was not a winner last year, however he decided to try again this year. HE did not get to be in the finale but is doing great as a designer and is supported by two people of the jury and as you have seen, myself.
I'll be attending to the finale tomorrow and am thrilled to know who'll be the winner of Elle Mexico Diseña 2014!
Xoxo, Roberta W.P.F

0 comentarios: