Broken hearts

10:35 PM Roberta W. P. F 0 Comments

If there’s something I’ve learned through the years, is that I really enjoy writing. But a hobby that started as a way to communicate fashion opened a door through which I can now express my feelings. That’s what I like the most. 
Writing about things that have been circling my mind in the search for answers (#OverthinkerAlert) deep cravings, fears, love... Things mostly being set off by poetry, music or experience.
I read once, that artists are driven by the tension between the desire to communicate and the desire to hide, which is a good way to explain the fact that even tough I tend to write deep stuff, I most certainly enjoy people reading it. Because there’s nothing better than realizing that I’m not the only one who has felt/ feels or thinks a certain way. Its is as if we could all connect through experience. You know, "be alone together" in our thoughts.
So, I hope that in this new section of My Vintage Armoire you find shelter, relieve or at least peace in the form of empathy. Do take into account that this does not reflect my emotional state, however this texts will always be something born out of past feelings or that plainly shook me when I read them.
I’ll be sharing original content, text from young artists who in my opinion should have exposure, or old artists who deserve to be remembered, poems that have serve as inspiration and tons of music either to dance, to grieve or to simply let go.
Welcome to my mind….
Enjoy! 

Often, when we have a crush, when we lust for a person, we see only a small percentage of who they really are. 
The rest we make up for ourselves. 
Rather than listen, or learn, we smother them in who we imagine them to be, what we desire for ourselves. We create little fantasies of people and let them grow in our hearts. 
There's exactly where the relationship fails. 
In time, the fiction we've scribbled onto a person falls away. The lies we tell ourselves unravel and soon the person standing in front of us is almost unrecognisable. You are now complete strangers in your own love. A terrible shame. 
But tragedies happen, and suddenly you've lost someone... And it hurts. 
You may have lost them suddenly, unexpectedly, or perhaps you began losing pieces of them until one day, there was nothing left. You may have known them all your life or you may have barely knowm them at all. Either way, it is irrelevant, you cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts on you, which is why I'm not here to tell you that tomorrow is another day and the sun will go on shining or that there are plenty of fish in the sea. 
What I will tell you is this; it's okay to be hurting as much as you are. 
What you are feeling may not be completely valid nor fair but necessary, because it makes you so much more human.
And tough I can't promise it will get better any time soon, I can tell you that it will eventually.
For now, all you can do is take your time. Take all the time you need, and pay attention to the small details of people. You'll learn soon enough that the universe is far more spectacular an author than we could ever hope to be. So be patient and try to see people for who they are. The one will look just crystal clear and won't need anything from your precious imagination.
R. Woodworth

0 comentarios: